- Sounds True is an online source for courses, audio, video, events, and books to deepen skills in mindfulness and self compassion in a user-friendly way. I highly recommend:
- Self Compassion Step By Step by Kristin Neff, PhD. Self compassion researcher offers wonderful insight to the power of being kind to ourselves.
- The Power of Awareness is a 7 week mindfulness training with Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach.
- MBSR Online Course is based on the 8 week program founded by Jon Kabat-Zin at Umass Memorial Medical Center in 1979.
- The documentary The Connection is an amazing film to help us all “understand the remarkable link between our mind, body, and health.” Truly inspiring! Click the link to see the first 15 minutes for free. While you are there, sign up for the blog for continued inspiration.
- Barbara Fredrickson, PhD and her research on the power of positive connections on health and well-being.
- Brene Brown, a social worker and researcher, has much to contribute to our understanding of well-being. Her TED talks are highly recommended.
- Wendy Suzuki PhD. Is a neuroscientist whose research is currently focused on how to activate the brain with movement. Check out her TED talk and her new book
- Nutritious Movement is a tremendous resource for science based natural and healthy movement.
- The Tummy Team has an excellent program for building a strong core, especially worthwhile for those with back pain, diastasis recti, and pelvic floor issues.
For additional resources in any of these areas, please contact me.